explore the trails
The Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument is open daily, year-round.
Day hikes are on designated trails with varied terrains suited to hikers of varied experience and ability. Trails are usually snow free from May through October.
The Pacific Crest National Trail winds for 19 miles through the Monument. Vehicle routes intersect with the PCT at Hobart Bluff, Pilot Rock, and at about milepost 15 on Highway 66. Learn more about the PCT trail.
Recreation activities are seasonal, here are some resources:
- Camping at Hyatt Lake Campgrounds. Make a reservation during the season.
- Fishing by and Hunting for Hyatt Lake by Southern Oregon Anglers
- Fishing by Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Buck Prairie & Hyatt Lake Nordic Skiing Map (pdf)
- BLM Partner Resources
- Soda Mountain Trip Planning, Images and more.
Get information in person about the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument at the:
BLM Medford District Office
3040 Biddle Road
Medford, OR 97504
Open Monday - Friday, except for holidays
An Information Center (open June-October) is located next to the Green Springs Inn at milepost 17 on Highway 66. See visual exhibits; get maps and brochures about recreational information. Sign in the visitor book and stamp date your visit!
The Friends of Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument, in cooperation with BLM, open this Center seasonally.