Hosted by the Friends of Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument and supported by BLM. Learn about recently conducted fieldwork within the Monument from both students and professional scientists.
Student researchers include M.S. in Environmental Education Candidates Hope Braithwaite (SOU) and Suphasiri Muttamara (SOU) and geologist Alec Sweetland (UofO). Keynote research presenter will be John Alexander, PhD of Klamath Bird Observatory.
Research topics include geographic variations of Pika (Ochotona princeps) dialects in Southwestern Oregon, species distribution and diversity of dragonflies and damselflies in CSNM, geologic mapping of the Western Cascades, and bird abundance surveys.
The symposium will start promptly at 7 PM and end by 8:45 PM. Refreshment will be served. We will also be conducting a raffle to raise funds for the Friends Research Fund, a grant program that supports student research in the Monument.
Parking Pass Code: CSNM54 Valid only on 3/15/2018.
METER CODE DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. At a parking meter, press any button to wake the screen up. A prompt to enter your license plate number.
2. Type in your license plate number, then press enter. (IMPORTANT: Include all letters and numbers in the correct order. Do not include spaces).
Pay rate options will appear on the screen.
3. Select More Selections button. Scroll down the menu until you see "Day Pass by Code." Press enter to select that option. (Keep pressing "(5) - More options" until the "Day Pass Code" appears.
4. Type in the code, then press enter.
The Code is CSNM54 Valid only 3/15/18.
5. Receipt Option: Click OKAY to print a receipt. Click CANCEL No receipt.
Your license plate is updated into the system as valid to park for the day. Failure to enter your license plate correctly may result in a parking citation. You may display the receipt on your dashboard, however you are not required to do so.
6. You can now park in any Student Commuter (Green), Faculty/Staff (Yellow), or metered (White) parking lots. Do not park in spaces that are posted with signs as timed, reserved, or service/delivery spots.