Dr. Jeff LaLande will show us several places in the monument that were important to emigrants along the Applegate Trail, including some areas where evidence of the trail remains visible.
Hike Duration: about 4-5 hours. Length: Short hikes into archeological areas along the Applegate Trail.
Level: Easy - Moderate. Short hikes with little elevation gain.
On the day of the hike:
- Be sure to bring a sense of adventure.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes
- Bring lunch, snacks, and enough water for the day
- Additional items: Hat, Sunscreen, Walking Sticks, Binoculars, Hand Lens
- Bring layers
- Be considerate of the group and meet on time at the designated location.
Practice hike ethics and leave no trace. Learn more.
Restrooms may be available at different points along our route.
Directions: To carpool, meet at 9:30 am in the Rite Aid parking lot (corner of Ashland Street and Tolman Creek Road) Park at the west end, near the Rodeway Inn.