In the Horseshoe Wildlife Area, Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument
in cooperation with California Native Plant Society, KS Wild, Native Plant Society of Oregon - Siskiyou Chapter
Sign Up for this Event (One or Both Days)
Explore your Monument and contribute to science at the same time. We'll walk through beautiful oak-savannah, botanize, and learn about identifying and cataloging rare plants. All are welcome, beginners and experts alike! Aaron Sims, Rare Plant Botanist with California Native Plant Society will present on the rare plants, identification, and their history.Treasures include any rare plants that may be found, but we are targeting: Green's Mariposa Lily and Green's Four O'clock Read more.
- All are welcome, beginners and experts alike! One or Both Days.
- Carpool available from Ashland at 9am, and returning at 5pm each of the two days.
- We will hike through grasslands and shrubs, uneven surfaces, and outside (10am-4pm).
- Bring a day pack with supplies: sun protection, comfortable and close-toed shoes, water bottle, lunch and snacks.
- Bring botanical ID resources, hand lenses; we will have some to spare or share!