Hike leaders, ecologist Chris Volpe and hydrologist Tim Montfort, will drive out and lead us to one of the restoration sites where we will get our feet wet, hiking part of Jenny Creek near the Box O Ranch Area.
Hike Duration: about 4-5 hours. Length: 2.5 mile loop.
Level: Easy to moderate. Fairly flat terrain with some off trail hiking.
On the day of the hike:
- Be sure to bring a sense of adventure.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes and long pants. Ticks and rattlesnakes likely.
- Bring plenty of water - it will likely be warm.
- Bring lunch and snacks.
- Additional items: Hat, Sunscreen, Walking Sticks, Binoculars, Hand Lens.
- Bring layers, this time of year can be unpredictable.
Be considerate of the group and meet on time at the designated location.
Practice hike ethics and leave no trace. Learn more.
Facilities Limited: Restrooms might be available at the Box O Parking Area.
Directions: To carpool, meet at 8:45 am in the Shop n’ Kart parking lot (corner of Ashland Street and Tolman Creek Road) Park at the west end, near the Oil Stop.